Software quality freak. Ruby / C(pp) / Clojure hacker. Starving to see the world where everything is event-driven.
Hey, my software is deployed in Düsseldorf Airport, what about yours?
Get in touch!
- Work with real people, rather than just professionals
- Extend knowledge, understanding and vision every day, adjust my skills, learn new things, open-source some parts of my code, help other people to grow
- Develop scalable, supportable, well-designed, implemented, tested, structured software, easy to extend, contribute to and keep up-to-date.
- Be ready to rewrite, when there's no reasonable way to scale/extend anymore.
- Bring some fresh air to the team I work with, ease every existing process until the point it feels comfortable for each team member.
- Write software and libraies that matter and help, are useful and easy to use.
- Code and hack not for sakes of entropy, chaos and programming itself, but for product. Make just enough, not less or more.
- JVM Stack (Clojure, Scala and Java)
- C++ / C
Software Design / Practices / Inerests
- Object-relational mapping
- Design Patterns, Framework Development, Infrastructure Development
- Rich Internet Applications
- Scalable backend development
- Machine Learning / Data Mining (primarily with Weka, Mahout, Maui)
- Continuous Integration
- Build Automation
- Test and Behavior Driven Development
- SCM (Git, Perforce, SVN, Mercurial, Darcs). Can't count it for qualification, but helps ;)
- Relational: Postgre SQL, MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle
- Graph: Neo4J (took part in writing 2 drivers, Ruby and Clojure ones)
- Key/value/document HBase (mostly for Hadoop infrastructure), Redis, MongoDB (took a part in Clojure driver, Monger development, wrote Entrepot, DataMapper pattern implementation for MongoDB), Riak, Cassandra.
Good stuff that didn't get to the forementioned lists
This list of project may be incomplete, for brevity.
Besides commercial development, I've been involved into some Open Source Projects. Most known of them are:
- Video-distribution system for major payment processor in Germany
- Communication between 10K+ ARM-based devices
- Cross-compiled libv8 together with librabbitmq-c to make it run on ARM architecture, in essence made our own AMQP-based version of Node.js
- Front-end: Ruby, Mootools. Backend: Clojure. AMQP was used for messaging.
- Open-sourced 6 Clojrue libraries during development
- Front-end: Ruby, Mootools. Backend: Clojure. AMQP for messaging
- Built distributed web proxy based on (Momentum)[github.com/momentumclj/momentum] and Zookeeper
- Built web-crawler able to process several thousands of pages a minute, depending on the bandwith
- Wrote drivers for several backends (e.q. AMQP, ElasticSearch and MongoDB) in Ruby and Clojure, you can refer my web page for more info
I-Play Search Website & Oberon Media Toolbar Website: I-play Search
- Integration with the large Search Providers (Bing, Infospace, ASK)
- Framework development (project infrastructure, support for several skins / layouts / systems) based on single codebase.
- Achievements: Developed strong infrastructure for Partner Integration. Started Unit-testing and Automated Tesing initiatives in Oberon Media, improved development process and communications between Israel and Kiev teams.
- Developed for: Oberon Media
Oberon Media Gamecenter: Yahoo Games, MSN Games, Sweet IM, Gamenext
- Framework development (Game Center infrastructure, support for skins / layouts / affiliates) based on the single codebase.
- Deployment automation
- Achievements: Improved communication between Architecture and Integration teams. Assisted integration teams with Yahoo and MSN GameCenter releases. Reworked Omniture (web analytics) tracking integration system.
- Developed for: Oberon Media
- Consultancy, product development
- Achievements: Several projects written from scratch, managed development team, successfull projects launches.
- Data Mining (Java, Scala, Mahout, Hadoop, Sinatra front-end)
- Vouches front-end side and DB communication (social connections calculations, friend/feed suggestions)
- Achievements: Mainly worked on vouching system front-end and data-mining back-end for RSS feed suggestions.
- Front-end development
- Migration to formtastic-base forms
- User Profile / Registration / Project pages
- Achievements: Code improvement/refactoring/unit tests coverage and optimization.
- Developed for: Rails Reactor
Carjoy Portal: Carjoy TV
- Admin Pages Development
- "My Car" Section Development
- Developed for: Novades
Verumax Device Portal: Dev version available at: VeruDev website (Credentials: test / test)
- Back-End development
- Integration with Device (Verumax is a device that allows to use transponders to open/close doors)
- Achievements: Development of a widescale framework for Verumax UI based on ExtJS. Backend optimization and migrating from PHP and text-based storage to Python / MySQL solution. Key architecture and development decision making.
- Developed for: Orceo GMbH
Central User Base:
- Back-End development
- Active Directory Manipulation / Backups to DB
- Integration with SAP
- Exchange Server manipulation
- Achievements: Development of a unique Active-Directory management system from scratch to production-ready state. Caching system development. Backup/rollback/update subsystems development. WebSphere / SAP integration. Complete SOAP solution development.
- Developed for: Fozzy Group
- 2006 (May - October) Village Market (Three Rivers, USA). Network administrator, project-based.
- 2004-2006 StuGroup Game Development, InterStudent. C++ game developer.
- 2002-2006: East-Ukranian National University named after V. Dal'. Faculty of Computer Technologies. Specialty: Flexible Computerized Systems and Robotics. Red diploma. Master`s degree.
Human Programming Languages
- English - fluent
- German - intermediate
- Ukrainian and Russian (not same thing) - even more fluent